Tuesday, April 29, 2008

UGGGH!

I have been having internet service problems for almost 2 weeks now, and I do not know if I will even get thru this post!

All is well on the homefront. But Mu's babysitter quit (effective after school-but added "Could you find someone sooner?") It lasted a year, I guess I shouldn't complain. I just feel bad for him because he has been saying he doesn't want to go. I think he picks up on the negative vibe. She found out she was pregnant and neither she or her husband are too thrilled. They have 3 under the age of 5. She said it was a shock to her. I thought maybe I should get the Biology book out and show her how it works.
Hubby got all upset and said he didn't want to take him where he wasn't wanted, but I have to find someone else first!! It is not a quick thing! I think I found someone temporarily though which is good.

At work, same ol same ol. Nothing more about working from home though it is still dangled like a carrot.

G's softball team is in first place. They lost their first game on Saturday. I think it was good for them because they were the undefeated champs, and the coach actually told them they clinched first place last Thursday. Not such a great idea maybe.

I have somewhat started the Maker's Diet. For those of you who don't know, the author tells you to stay away from the "dirty dozen" which I won't list all, but include: hydrogenated oil (trans fats), high fructose corn syrup, white sugar and white flour. He basically says to get back to the whole foods eaten in the Bible like goat's milk (full fat), whole milk cheese, barley, whole wheat, fruit, vegetables--all organic of course. I say I somewhat started the diet because I think it is pretty impossible to eat all organic food, avoid all white sugar and its counterparts, and avoid all white flour. He says there are healthy fats and we have been sold a bill of goods when we are told to avoid all fat. He mentions the Atkins diet and says he was onto something by supporting eating fat, but you need to eat healthy fats found in diary and grass-fed meats--not trans fats.
Organic food is expensive so I do what I can there. I don't drink soda (that is pop for you Northerners), alchohol (thought wine is ok on the diet),use artificial sweetners or eat shellfish on a regular basis so that is a plus for me. But the sugar thing, for a Southerner who thrives on sweet tea, is a bit difficult! I have cut down to about 1/6 of what I used to use in tea, and I add a little organic honey. I like honey but I don't particularly like it in tea. I do have to say after the first 4 days of fussing everybody out because you are so ill and craving a gargantuous glass of tea full of sugar, I do feel better. I don't have as much trouble getting going in the morning, and I don't have the sugar crash at about 3 pm that I normally do. I don't know that I will be able to cut sugar tea totally out because I do not like it unsweetened. BUT, I have eaten no other sweets. And I LOVE cheese and beef!! and olives and olive oil! And there are many many other things you can eat. So, it isn't miserable AND you don't cut calories...ok enough about that.

Spring is in the air....BUT it is only reaching 64 today and last night it was 45 degrees. BBBRRR!

2 comments:

Electronic Goose said...

I'm sorry to hear about the babysitter.

Your diet sounds pretty healthy. I must say, getting back to basics and trying to eat mostly organic myself for the past few years, my energy level has definitely increased. Natural is usually better, it seems. Good luck with it!

Shannon said...

For health reasons I had to cut all sugar, carbs, and processed food from my diet. That was almost two years ago. It was really hard to learn how, but well worth it! Organic can be expensive, but I found a local farmers market for most veggies, and the local dairy for cream, butter, and meats. I avoid pre-packaged or prepared anything with a fancy label and it helps to save a bunch!
Good luck!