Thursday, April 17, 2008

The scare of my life

Tuesday night Mu decided to climb his dresser. It fell, all the drawers fell out and one landed on him. He is fine, but I have been a basket case for 2 days. The bad thing was--there was a t.v. on top of it, one of the old kind that weighs 80 lbs. The t.v. fell to the side for some reason. The dresser missed him too. It was just the drawer that fell on him. When I came in and saw the way things fell, I said "His guardian angel must have knocked everything out of the way."
THe only reason the t.v. was there is that we do not have cable, and the reception in his room is better than any other. Hubby watched t.v. in there occasionally.
I had commented to hubby that if Mu decided to climb that, it was dangerous. Needless to say, he felt horrible for leaving it up there. He has been a basket case for 2 days too.
I was on my way to work yesterday and just lost it because I thought about what could have happened. I regained my composure before I went in, but my eyes were red. Of course, as soon as I walked to my desk, someone appeared and would not leave me alone about my red eyes until I burst into tears again. Luckily, I made it out and down the hall before I truly lost it.
I am a crier anyway. It is therapy for me, and it is not unusual for me to boo-hoo for cathartic reasons on the way to work. So, you can imagine how this made me cry.
Luckily most Americans run when you cry-LOL! The girl that came to my desk apologized later and said that it was "her culture" that made her ask about me. She said she sometimes gets into trouble because she doesn't know whether to act "American" or "like my culture". Then she told me it was just that she cared. I told her that it was okay to not act "American"--We are too politically correct!
Anyway, I digress!!! My Mu-man is ok and that is what matters!

6 comments:

Marni said...

OMG! How scary! He is one lucky little dude... deep breath, Mom....

Coffeypot said...

Now you know why older parents have such gray hair. There is a story for each one of them.

Electronic Goose said...

Oh wow. I'm so glad everything's OK. Take some deep breaths!

CindyDianne said...

Wow, scary! I am SO glad he is ok!

Canadian flake said...

wowzers I don't blame you for crying...that must have been totally scary...I would have lost it too..

Glad everyone was ok in the end.

Canadian flake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.