Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lamenting Session

So, I go into a meeting with my team and managers, and hear two hours of lamenting from my boss's boss. I wanted to get up and walk out.

The powers-that-be decided to take a piece of our business and give it to another department. My general feeling is that we will get it back after they see how much they should have appreciated us in the first place. But, he took it personally. He was grieving his loss right there in front of his team. Being negative about the whole thing...2 hours of this!
I wanted to raise my hand and say, "This is not a counseling session." He called me 3 times yesterday to talk about this before I had to hear about it in the meeting for 2 hours....AAAHHHHH!!
But what gripes me is, one of my co-workers was complaining about something in the last meeting, and he got a call from my boss saying that he was being too negative and he didn't want that around the new employees. This particular co-worker is probably the most positive person on our team. He just had one complaint and articulated it very professionally.
I can't work for this guy anymore.

4 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Oh, I so feel you on this one. The boss I have now is great, but I've dealt with this in the past. I know it sucks. Sorry!

Marni said...

Bless your heart... it sucks when you have a bad boss. Nothing worse.

Canadian flake said...

Wish I had the answer to this one...I unfortunately am trapped in a small town with no job opportunities and a boss that thrives on verbal abuse...I think the meds will be great when they finish off my sanity though..lmao.

Coffeypot said...

Aren't office meetings fun! Nothing is accomplished but a sour feeling in the pit of your stomach. Happens ever time.