Thursday, December 20, 2007

Whatever

Well, I don't have to worry about working 40 hours for now. The big boss didn't go for the whole thing. I found a work-at-home job with my current company, 40 hours, that I applied for. We will see....It requires me to use more of my skills than I am now. A lot of financial analysis, heavy use of Excel, which is good. I feel like I am losing my skills there.


It is unbelievable how demanding my job is. I get constant questions which I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have such a heavy workload. I am the "Excel spreadsheet person" because no one on my team has used it that much. I love creating spreadsheets, but I created one to simplify things, and it evolved into a bear that I constantly have to update. Still, I would rather be doing that than just my normal work which i could do in my sleep. I actually have 40 hours worth of work that I am required to complete in just 25.


Ok...blah, blah, whine, whine. All in all, I am thankful for my job. My immediate boss is great. It is her boss that I am not fond of.


Yesterday I got a nice surprise from one of the sales persons I have to tolerate...A gift card to Target-my favorite store!! The sales people know they drive us insane, so that was their way of trying to make it up, I guess. It was very nice though.


So, Christmas shopping is not going well. I can't get to the store without my kids! I went on my lunch break at work the other day, but I had to get back....I was going to go yesterday, but I was


pulled in 100 different directions at work and barely got to go to the bathroom.


I ordered many things online, but G is 8 now, so everytime something comes to the door, there is 100 questions. And her little smarty-pants friend is telling her there is no Santa Clause.


I think I convinced her otherwise, but why do kids do that?


All of this stress and confusion...I forgot to wish Donny a happy birthday on the 9th!!!!


Here's to you sweet Donny... ( My baby was born on the 10th--just missed it by one day :)

2 comments:

Canadian flake said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for your work situation. I work out of my home and I absolutely HATE it...I am just too lonely...and my gremlins are teenagers so they are no help...lol.

Good luck with the Christmas shopping.

whatevergirl said...

Thanks. Some people are too social to work from home. I don't want to be completely isolated. I will be able to go in from time to time AND I have demanding little ones. Also, there are a couple of women's Bible studies I have been missing because I am too far away at work...I hope your situation works out too.