Thursday, November 15, 2007

What is up with 'The Look'

I work with a girl who is attractive and she dresses nicely. We don't hang out, but we occasionally talk, sometimes at length, when we are both walking out at the same time.

She is pretty nice and I enjoy talking to her, BUT, everytime she sees me for the first time that day, she gives me 'The Look'. Ladies, you know what I am talking about. The not-too-fast, not-too-slow, once-over from head to toe. Like she is the Queen and I am one of her subjects, and she needs to see if I pass inspection--that kind of look. It usually happens at the printer, and it annoys the heck out of me!

I immediately think--my zipper is down, my shirt is unbuttoned, I forgot to change my pooped- on shirt, I am still in my house shoes....

But, everytime I go in the bathroom, everything is ok...

She is not the only one who has ever done it, but she does it the most. Is this something other women conciously do? Does she want me to notice 'The Look'? Because it is obvious!

I am just waiting for her to do a thumbs-up or thumbs-down one day.

What is up with 'The Look'?

7 comments:

Coffeypot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coffeypot said...

Or one day she will walk up to you, grab your face and give you one of the best kisses you have ever had in your life. One of those looks? I’m just a man and it’s my fantasy.

CindyDianne said...

I choose to believe it is a "geez, I wish I looked that good" look.

Marni said...

I'm with Cindy -- I think she's just jealous.

whatevergirl said...

coffeypot, trust me, it is not THAT kind of look.
cidny and marni--I don't know about that. She is very well dressed, and though I am not a slob, I sure don't have the clothes she has..Sometimes I think if we were in a sitcom, she would say "Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in".

Coffeypot said...

That's okay. It's still my fantisy.

Canadian flake said...

ya need to stick your tongue out at her and give her something to "look" at..lmao.