Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Frazzled Female

I met my son's current babysitter at a Bible study that I attended. She is all of 25. We were discussing the next one in the series which was "The Frazzled Female".
"I am not interested in going to that one," she commented.

That piqued my curiosity. "Really?" I asked.

Not interested in something for the frazzled female? She has 3 boys under the age of 4 for crying out loud. How could she not be interested.

"Well," she kind of giggled, "I am not frazzled." Now, I was really intrigued. Actually, I was speechless. Didn't being married and having kids automatically make you frazzled? Hmmm?

I walked out to my car, and thought about what she said. Then, it occured to me. She is 25!!! She hasn't had time to get frazzled. I thought about her in 15 years, when she turned 40, with a 19, 18 and a 17 year old. Not frazzled? I smiled, and the words of wise 'ol Yoda came to mind when Luke told him he wasn't afraid. "You will be...You will be."

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I'm 63 and I get frazzled just tying my shoelaces. She's on drugs. Or mentally unbalanced! Or both!

whatevergirl said...

I swear it has something to do with being over 30...When I was 25, I don't think I was frazzled either...I don't know because now I am senile and I don't remember.

Canadian flake said...

lmao when I was reading the start of this I was thinking (before I read the last bit)...oh yeah baby...you might not be frazzled now but WAITTTTTT til you have teenagers...roflmao.

No worries you will get the last laugh on your babysitter..lol.