Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!

I will be trapped in my house with the kiddos for the next couple of weeks. With brief reprieves at work. How sad that my respite will be at work...
Anyhoo, I probably won't be able to write much ...This post is to say Merry Christmas to all of you AND Happy Anniversary to hubby. We will be married 16 years on December 31st. We met on December 31st in 1982. We were 15. We were introduced by our dear friend Marni http://www.its-a-pugs-life.blogspot.com/. He wouldn't talk to me because he was so shy. I wasn't particularly interested at the time. But, he got the nerve to ask Marni for my phone number. He called me and piqued my interest with his deep deep voice (that's all it takes at 15!). We went out when I turned 16, and he treated me like a queen.

Here is to 16 years, and what I still love about him:

  • He would give his life to protect his family from harm.
  • He is very sensitive and knows when he has said something that hurts your feelings.
  • He can still say "I am sorry."
  • He likes to sit and listen to old records with me.
  • He thinks I am funny.
  • He knows when to be serious and when to be hilarious and silly.
  • He loves the ocean like I do.
  • He rolls up his sleeves, changes poopy pants, gives baths and does laundry with the best of 'em.
  • HE IS STILL HOT!!!! Even though is hair is completely gray, his body is closer to a 25 year old than a 40 year old!

5 comments:

Marni said...

You are funny! And he is still so cute.

You are welcome! HA!

Happy anniversary, Merry Chis-ma, Happy New Year... all of it.

Canadian flake said...

Happy Anniversary...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year...etc etc etc..lol

Coffeypot said...

I wish my body was closer to a 25 year old, but Sweet Tea would really be pissed if it was. Our anniversary is also December 31, ‘93. I stayed single until the last minuet and still got the great tax break of going from single – no dependents to married with two dependents. Great wedding gift!

Merry Christmas to your whole clan! And happy anniversary to you two.

Electronic Goose said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! What a cute list.

whatevergirl said...

Happy anniversay Coffeypot! Cool that we have the same anniversary day.